– Disposal of Used Sharps Service
- Community pharmacies will continue to supply sharps bins to patients in the usual manner when presented with a valid prescription from a prescriber. This service does not propose to circumvent this means of supply.
- Community pharmacies will subsequently provide a disposal service for these patient generated sharps in order to facilitate its safe disposal. Patients will return filled and sealed sharps bins to the pharmacy.
- The Community pharmacy will safely store the returned sealed sharps bins in a storage container provided by Hambleton District Council until the regular collection by the nominated waste disposal collection company.
- A licensed waste management contractor will be commissioned by Hambleton District Council on a monthly basis to remove the filled and sealed sharps bins from the pharmacy and arrange their safe disposal.
PLEASE CLICK ON FLOW CHART BELOW TO SEE CYCLE:
Service Level Agreements
Waste and Street Scene Manager
Waste & Street Scene
Tel: 01609 788104
Hambleton District Council
Tel: 01609 767078
|Sharps Disposal Containers Delivery and Collection||
Phone: 0333 240 4570
Mobile: 07872 829 734
Sharps Boxes Collection From Pharmacies Schedule