Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice Training
If you are a community pharmacy that has signed up to deliver the Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice Service commencing 1st July, as part of your contract you must attend the Free Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice training. You cannot deliver this service until you have received the training, delivered by Drugtrain in various locations throughout North Yorkshire. Brief Advice involves offering simple advice and only takes a few minutes to complete. Brief Advice can be given in a variety of settings by non-alcohol specialist services, such as Community Pharmacies.
Available training sessions for Pharmacy staff in June
- Scarborough: 11th June, 6.30pm-8.30pm
30th June, 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Northallerton: 24th June, 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Skipton: 16th June, 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Knaresborough: 26th June, 6.30pm-8.30pm
Refreshments will be provided at all training sessions.
Drugtrain is delivering training on behalf of North Yorkshire County Council. You can contact Drugtrain on 01226 738321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Actions for Contractors
- Seek more detailed information about the Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice training (including course content and venue details) by visiting: http://www.drugtrain.org.uk/.
- For pharmacies to be able to deliver the Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice service, you MUST have attended this training, so book your place now to avoid delay by visiting: http://www.drugtrain.org.uk/AIBA_NorthYorkshire_Pharmacy.html.
- If you are unable to make any of the Pharmacy Specific training dates mentioned above, or, once you have attended the 2 hour session you feel that you would like to know more, Drugtrain also offers the Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice training sessions as a full-day course. Please see here for the full-day session dates and availability: http://www.drugtrain.org.uk/AIBA_NorthYorkshire_OpenCourses.html.